Deerfoot Lodge Blue Ridge is hosting two work weekends this fall. Camp operations are running at 100% but there is still critical infrastructure that we need to complete this fall/ winter/ spring. If you want to join, please register (below) or contact Chief Nick to learn more.
SPECIAL HELP: We are looking for a plumber and electrician licensed in North Carolina who could help with the new tripping building. If you know of someone who can help please have them get in touch with Chief Nick.
Some of the projects we’ll be doing are:
- Preparing the site for the new tripping barn and getting ready to pour the concrete slab.
- Finishing one treehouse and starting on THE LAST treehouse!
- Finishing fuel point construction.
- Staining cabins.
- Register for the October Work Weekend HERE.
- Starting to frame the tripping barn. Our goal is to get 90% of the framing done in 4 days!
- Bunks, screens, stairs, and rope bridges in Treehouses.
- Connecting the new well to the existing water system.
- register for the November Work Weekend HERE.
If this weekend doesn’t work for you but you would still like to pour some sweat equity into His place, we are ready to host you and your group of capable, hardworking volunteers throughout the fall, winter, spring. Volunteer work crews do not operate while camp is in session. We will be hosting more work weekends in the spring. To set up a time to volunteer please contact Chief Nick by email or call him at 828-435-2572.